Electrical Engineer (Building Services)
- Posted 24 May 2023
- Salary £43.74 - £58.77 per hour
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEngineering Skilled Trades Recruitment
- Contact NameStewart Bryson
- Apply extensive field and technical knowledge for the design intent, as-built standards and system performance through the asset's life cycle for the facility systems and structures.
- Interpret and deliver the requirements of complex and high-profile tasks (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required) to make evidence-based engineering decisions to solve technical problems.
- Lead and advise engineers in the delivery of innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Identify, escalate and manage risks arising from the condition of engineered systems and structures.
- Ensure adherence to the statutory and regulatory requirements associated with working in a highly regulated environment including Safe Systems of Work (SSoW).
- Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements, supporting performance management and team progress.
- Where appropriate, undertake additional roles such as Appointed Person, Asset Change Manager (corporate training provided).
We would love to hear from individuals with the following:
- HNC/HND with suitable additional related experience.
- Affiliation to a recognised engineering institution.
- Experience in leading engineering delivery across infrastructure facilities in highly regulatory industries such as oil & gas, rail, aerospace, or chemical & explosive.
- A background in facility engineering and maintenance services throughout an asset's life cycle.
- Knowledge of electrical building services such as: LV/HV, HVAC, small power and lighting, lightning protection, ATEX, UPS etc.
We would welcome applications from candidates who -
- Knowledge of electrical building services (LV/HV, HVAC, lighting, power, lightning protection, ATEX, UPS etc.)
- A good awareness of relevant legislation and supporting ACOP, and common industry standards
- Experience within the higher hazard / regulated industries (e.g. nuclear, petro-chem, pharma etc. (desirable but not essential)
- Membership of an engineering institution and/or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent (desirable)
- Minimum qualification L4 NQF (HNC) with suitable additional experience
Must have -
- Knowledge of electrical engineering
- Knowledge of Plant and facility Engineered Systems
- Project Management
- Hazard Identification and Risk Control (safe systems of work)
- Leadership skills
- May lead projects but won't be a line manager
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.