A vacancy has arisen for an Electrical Engineer within the site electrical distribution team in Operations directorate. The purpose of the job is to manage and deliver project activities. The job holder will be responsible for specifying and managing engineering activities.
Hear from the Hiring Manager:
- The successful candidate will be part of a small, highly skilled and diverse engineering team that is responsible for the Electrical design work on the teams projects including Primary Low Voltage (400v) electrical distribution systems.
- The candidate will gain experience and knowledge in electrical distribution systems within the waste plants and other buildings.
- The candidate will be involved in managing and supporting tasks including maintenance activities, breakdowns, planning of plant shutdowns and system refurbishments/upgrades.
- Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures
- Design, evaluate and deliver the technical governance of projects
- Identify resource requirements to prepare for/carry out activities
- Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems
- Write Technical Specifications
- Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists
- Undertake the professional management and execution of contract and project works including observation of work to identify industry standards are applied
- Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation
- Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post
- HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Engineering Technician
- Comprehensive Electrical Engineering experience
- Some project experience
- Must be a team player willing to join a small design team
- Flexible and hybrid working options are available
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.