Orion Group Life Science are currently recruiting an EHS Specialist on behalf of our Multinational Biopharmaceutical Client based in Dunboyne, Meath on an initial 6-Month contract with potential to extend.
Provides EHS leadership and technical guidance in order to develop and implement the Environmental, Safety and Health Management System to enable full compliance with: legal requirements related to Environmental, Safety and Health; corporate global standards, policies, procedures and guidelines related to EHS and industry best practices bringing the Dunboyne site to mature sustaining operations.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
The EHS Specialist for the Dunboyne facility will play a leading role in the development of EHS management system and implementation of the global standards to bring cross site operations to a mature sustaining level. The following are the core job responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Be the EHS point of contact and the owner of numerous cross site local EHS standards and complete EHS gap assessments and audits of effective EHS standards in line with Global Safety and Environment Standards to transition the Dunboyne site to sustaining operations. Special emphasis is paid to standards on Industrial Hygiene, BioSafety, Chemical Management, and Process Safety Management.
- Compile and submit required safety, health, and environmental reports to corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Assist with managing contractor EHS compliance and related high risk work HRW safety procedures to a high-performance level.
- Ensure that Pre-Start Up, Safety, Environment Review (PSSER) for new product introductions within both facilities are compliant with regulations, corporate requirements and industry best practices.
- Support Dunboyne site run the business Tier 1, 2, processes, own, act upon, and implement sustainable solutions. Streamline EHS KPI and EHS event reporting.
- Develop and target the EHS cross site training strategy and support the delivery and coaching for both management and employees.
- Manage EHS documentation through numerous IT system platforms such as Power BI, Enablon, Workday, Share-point, MyLearning, and Meds.
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained to demonstrate compliance with EHS procedures and the EHS management system. Work as one team with site Engineering.
- Demonstrate collaboration with site colleagues to promote a safe by choice culture.
- Help ensure that events are fully investigated and that appropriate Corrective and Preventative actions are put in place to prevent recurrence. Support lead investigators and coordinate performance review of events trending for CAPA's and NM's.
- Review processes, facilities, procedures, and management of change documents to assure conformance to recognised EHS regulations, standards, and guidelines. Develop successful permitting strategies based on regulatory requirements, site operations and site business operating plans.
You will need to have:
- A thorough understanding of all applicable EHS regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders on EHS matters with the ability to quickly adjust to changing situations
- Ability to manage complex programs and to balance the strategic needs of the program with tactical day-to-day activities
- Risk Management, assessment and implementing controls appropriate to the risk
- Experience in successfully implementing EHS programs enterprise wide
- Experience in managing and implementing change
- Degree in Environmental, Safety Management or related fields, or
- Technical primary Bachelor degree with a post-grad EHS qualification.
- 5+ years EHS experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology / Chemical industries. Will consider other highly regulated industries.
- Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects and on working with EHS regulatory agencies and Corporate support functions.
- Written and oral communication skills that support presentation of information clearly and concisely through all levels of an organization.
- Proven leadership skills and an appetite to assume responsibility for appropriate decision making pertaining to EHS matters both urgent/non urgent and important/not important.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.