- Posted 17 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameStevie Denoon
Role Title - Earthing Engineer
Location: Reading/ Hybrid working
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date, the company has constructed over 120 grid-scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage, are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change, there has never been a better or more exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net-zero.
Our company Values
We are proud to be market leaders in our chosen areas of expertise, we embrace innovation, we are focused, and strive to be the best we can be. At Anesco we are one team, building trust and enduring relationships with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. We champion renewable energy and are committed to causing no harm to people or the environment.
Due to our phenomenal growth, we are seeking a Power Systems Study Engineer, as part of Anesco's growing EPC Projects team. The position is a Technically Authoritative role within the Engineering business division of Anesco. The position consisting in the coordination/development of the power system engineering team, business development/client account management, and leading and/or performing planning/feasibility studies, interconnection studies, transient studies and systems analysis investigations for clients in the UK primarily, but also within the EU. The role will also work closely with other departments, including the Development, Operations, Optimisation and Commercial teams.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Coordinate project development requirements at design stage with civil, electrical, protection and control designers.
- Develop earthing design - including soil resistivity surveys, FOP and touch voltage measurements modelling of earthing systems using CDEGS.
- Production of detailed reports and designs, as well as undertake post-construction fall of potential testing.
- Produce detailed design of power cable route layouts, trench sections and joint bays.
- Calculation of thermal ratings and cable pulling tensions.
- Provide substation plant and earthing layouts from LV to 132kV
- Provide multicore cable layouts and cable containment designs.
- Design the specification of bus bar and plant support structures.
- HVAC, Heating, lighting and ventilation design to switch and control rooms - along with the necessary calculations to prove requirements from first principles.
- Ensure legal compliance with regards to the Health and Safety at Work Act, Electricity at Work, ESQCR and CDM regulations.
Skills & Competencies
- A detailed understanding of how power systems are constructed, operated, maintained and decommissioned.
- Knowledge of power cable construction and installation methodologies.
- Awareness of substation electrical plant and equipment.
- Expertise relating to standards and specifications used within the industry.
- Ability to coordinate a team, and develop/mentor new/graduate and young professionals.
- Self-driven, ability to work autonomously and with minimum supervision.
- Works well under pressure, achieving tight deadlines within a demanding environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Always upholds the reputation and values of the company.
- Agile and flexible thinking.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree / HNC / HND or equivalent in a relevant Electrical or associated discipline.
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction.
- Demonstrable primary electrical design and earthing design experience.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and CDEGS earthing design software.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.