Great opportunity to work for a small, fast-moving Operator who focus on Southern North Sea assets, who are expected to develop and submit field development plans for a number of fields during the next 4-5 years. All these include a significant platform, subsea or onshore facility design and delivery element.
Technical authority for electrical, instrumentation and control across all lifecycle phases of the portfolio and recognised authority within the industry.
The incumbent will provide support across offshore platforms, subsea/pipelines and onshore development and execution plus engineering support/oversight to the outsourced platform duty holder and pipeline operator.
- Providing technical support to predevelopments, development, and operational assets, with a specific focus on electrical, instrumentation and control engineering also including metering, telecoms, functional safety, cybersecurity, and alarm management. This would include development/review of internal/external Functional Safety and Cyber Security management systems.
- Delivery of technical packages of work in a structured and efficient manner.
- Ensure the key discipline technical information is current and accurate across the infrastructure, in support of our obligations as license holder.
- Responsible for ensuring fit for purpose and standardised technical design basis incorporating key lessons learned following execution/operation of the development projects.
- Responsible for ensuring the internal technical element of the management of change process is effective, with specific focus on the impact to major accident hazards and SECEs (topsides & subsea).
- Effective support/oversight of proposed changes (MOCs) within the outsourced duty holder and external engineering organisations.
- Approval and project management of brownfield modifications.
- Establish and maintain key E, I & C technical documentation for the offshore infrastructure, including company standard specifications, engineering cost estimation, and engineering management protocols.
- Identification, development, evaluation, and prioritisation of technical improvement opportunities.
- Act as a technical authority for value adding, efficient and cost-effective use of external technical support services including contract management and performance management of contractor organisations.
- Provide technical input to the Dutyholder and Terminal Operator in support of operational issues including troubleshooting, incident investigation, root cause analysis and equipment underperformance
- As Technical Authority, coaches, guides and mentors internal and external E, I & C and other discipline engineers and managers
- Ensures E, I & C engineering risks are understood, controlled, and continuously reduced, to deliver safe operating results
- Ensures measures and systems are in place to assure assets and projects meet required regulatory requirements
- Ensures the asset risk register comprehensively reflects asset E, I & C risk profile including actions and due dates
- Establish and monitor E, I & C engineering key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Develop and execute audit schemes of Dutyholder E, I & C compliance
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience in electrical, instrumentation and control including, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and operations.
- Extensive knowledge of discipline regulatory requirements, technical codes/standards/guidelines
- Knowledge of new and emerging technology and innovation
- Certified Functional Safety engineer, and Cybersecurity and Alarm Management Practitioner
- Pro-active self-starter
- Ability to network and a track record in delivering performance against demanding targets
- Strives for continuous improvement; brings solutions and constantly seeks new and better ways to work
- Actively shares Company vision and demonstrates ability to adapt to change
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.