Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Manage onsite operations safely and efficiently, and lead field personnel to deliver the business objectives, in full compliance with relevant standards, policies and legislation.
- Demonstrate and consistently apply the highest level of leadership in HSE standards, practices and policies.
- Ensure site safety and environmental management systems are implemented as designed and are consistent with internal policies and standards.
- Ensure site personnel understand the Emergency Response Procedures and carry out regular drills.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment by actively participating in the onsite HSE programs.
- Develop the onsite team and coach individuals to enhance their contribution to performance.
- Build team spirit and morale through inclusive behavior and respect for diversity.
- Ensure site team members have a clear understanding about the objectives of the operation and their roles in delivering these objectives.
- Deliver continuous performance improvement by efficient management of onsite resources and use of best practices.
- Ensure all activities by onsite personnel are coordinated, and in compliance with well program procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate with off-site personnel and resources to manage program changes and deliver business objectives.
- Ensure onsite lessons are captured and shared effectively.
- Monitor, evaluate and report daily operations, variances and performance against the well program objectives and third party contracts.
- Report, investigate, follow-up and ensure close-out of all onsite incidents and near-misses relating to personnel, equipment and procedures promptly.
- Active management of drilling contractor and service providers offshore in compliance with client policies and legislative requirements.
- Interface with platform management to ensure appropriate control of simultaneous operation issues.
- Commitment to well planning and learning process through input into drilling procedures, forward programmes and active participation in continuous improvement processes.
- Management and control of operational costs.
- Incident reporting and investigation as appropriate.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.