- Posted 05 November 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
We are seeking an experienced Drilling Accountant/Cost Engineer to join our Operator client based in Aberdeen. Previous Drilling Accountancy experience is essential.
* Responsible for direction and control of accounting activities related to the drilling and completion activities for the Operated Assets. Tracking actual expenditure and allocating costs as required, working closely with the Wells Department and other areas of the Business to ensure expenditure is accounted for correctly.
* Awareness of advanced accounting functions including differentiation of tangible & intangible / Capex & Opex costs; completion of well reconciliations; monthly £ re-forecasting and reporting.
* Commitment reporting and analytical review / challenge (actuals and VoWD). Ensure invoices are processed using the correct cost coding.
* Preparation of required paperwork for WBS creation in SAP ensuring correct accounting treatment.
* Plays an integral role in any Partner led JV and Statutory Audit reviews
* Assist in the development of the General Accounting Function covering multiple assets - streamlining and standardising procedures wherever appropriate and engaging with other Accountants for knowledge sharing, cover and backup.
* Maintain account reconciliations assigned to the position according to the agreed schedule and in compliance with SOX requirements and manage to conclusion any outstanding issues.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Excellent working knowledge of SAP is a must and experience using Wellview would be beneficial
* Requires detailed technical knowledge of Exploration & Production accounting including Standard Operating Accounting Procedures in order to ensure asset expenditure is fair and equitable, company reimbursement is maximized, and JV audits are successful.
* Ability to challenge forecast assumptions and provide input based on actual expenditure, highlighting anomalies to the Business Analyst.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055776.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.