- Posted 17 April 2022
- Contact NameAndrew McNair
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Dive SME (subject matter expert), based Offshore.
* Responsible for safe, efficient, and effective execution of project scope, in line with project goals and expectations, promote strong HSE performance by company and Contractor teams and uphold the company Code of Conduct.
* Provide exemplary "one-team" approach to company, contractors and vendors to facilitate successful delivery.
* Play a leading role in promotion of excellent HSE culture; improve awareness and promoting the Project goals of 'no accidents, no harm to people and no damage to the environment'.
* To systematically measure, track and report the Consortium Installation Contractors Self-verification program, identifying trends, and intervening when necessary
* To execute the oversight activities identified in the company HSE plan
* Lead by providing direction, and support to the vessel team and promote an effective and collaborative working environment with a 'One Team' approach.
* Manage communication between the offshore vessel teams to ensure rigorous verification of safety performance including SIMOPS planning.
* Ensure installation contractor has a competent onboard organization and a high standard of resources in-place to successfully execute the work.
* Ensure Contractor compliance with contract requirements.
* Ensure Contractor has a robust Self Verification process supplemented by company Oversight in compliance with company 100441 Guide - Contractor Self verification and company oversight.
* Complete document reviews for the execution of work for company's programme of projects.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Must be in possession of either valid IMCA recognised surface supplied or closed bell certificates of competence relevant to the position of responsibility for the diving techniques being executed, exemptions maybe given on a case-by-case basis by Global Diving TA only.
* Shall be fully conversant with the processes and requirements set out in company Practice Diving 100241 and company Practice 500102 Control of Work Integrated Practice.
* Shall have successfully passed a recognised and company approved client representative's training course.
* Formal risk assessment training.
* Completed the company Permit to Work System (Performing Authority) course.
* CVR (Diving) to hold preferably an Engineering qualification to a minimum standard of HND or equivalent professional qualification and / or relevant diving industry experience appropriate to the type of diving being executed.
* Good understanding of DP vessels & management with a recognised DP training appreciation course completed.
* Experience of subsea installation and testing processes and application.
* Familiar with international recognised diving, marine & ROV regulations and subsea construction techniques.
* Exhibits understanding of company practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
* Proactively demonstrates sophisticated decision-making and leadership skills needed to address complex stakeholder groups and issues associated with Major Projects.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054085.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.