- Posted 20 June 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Development Geologist, based Aberdeen.
* Detailed financial and economic modelling involving close interaction with the business
planning team Perform reservoir studies with use of static modelling tools to
characterise and evaluate the range of in-place hydrocarbon volumes and to determine
the course of production and future development, including new well locations, in-fill
locations, workover opportunities, and enhanced oil recovery options, that will maximise
the value of an asset. Support & verify numerical work with first principal data analysis and interpretation.
Work closely with other professionals such as Petrophysicist, Geophysicist, Reservoir
Engineer, Drilling, Production and Operations staff to analyse risks and develop
uncertainty management plans to mitigate uncertainty and to maximise recoverable
reserves. Seek internal consensus via proactive peer review processes.
* Incorporate reservoir performance information and/or analogue reservoir information in
characterisation of reservoirs under development. Update and re-evaluate history
matched models as necessary when new reservoir or production data becomes
available during the life cycle of the reservoir.
* Generate volumetric calculations with multiple outcomes in order to analyse the range
of potential of the reservoir and to determine the most economic development strategy
according to reservoir size, complexity, and likely investment required.
* Support Operations Geologists in preparing and executing drilling basis for design,
execution programmes and drilling operations.
* Participate in Strategic and Business Planning efforts by recommending and
incorporating development opportunities and reservoir management plan into annual
reviews of petroleum resources and Business Plans to optimise value.
* Support annual external Reserves Evaluation by independent third-party evaluator in
accordance with SPE-PRMS guidelines. Participate in annual evaluation exercise and
provide expertise to challenge assessment quality.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Occasionally lead or participate in a special project teams and work with experts to
address specific technical issues. Review complex proposals as recommended by
others and provide technical peer inputs.
* Regularly represent the company in peer reviews, partner and regulatory bodies
* May act as project manager for development drilling campaigns and lead peer reviews
for other projects.
* Mentor and coach less experienced colleagues.
* Degree qualified, BSc and Masters (or above) in Earth Science discipline
* Self-motivated and self-sufficient geologist with a strong technical background and good
general knowledge of field development Geology through practical experience.
* Familiar with conventional mapping and static modelling approaches and have broad
multi-disciplinary knowledge in an operated production environment.
* Prior development drilling in low cost/mature field environments and field development
planning experience strongly preferred.
* Waterflood and heavy oil experience beneficial. EOR experience would be a bonus.
* Demonstrated static model building experience.
* Taking ownership and demonstrating leadership to deliver business opportunities.
* Proven organisational skills with ability to deal with multiple tasks and meet tight
deadlines will be necessary.
* Good teamworking, interpersonal and communication skills are essential to work in a
cross disciplinary environment with Joint Venture partners.
* Petrel software knowledge necessary.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/055398.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.