Contract Length: 18-months
Location: Reading (4 days per week onsite)
Qualify for Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS): Yes
Key requirements for the role:
- Provide Engineering Support to the IVA Project.
- The Scope of the work is to provide an engineer to work within the client project to work on engineered design solutions during the Dismantle, Install and Commissioning of the IVA machine. This will also include completion of activities identified in the IVA FAP that support this activity.
- The requirement is specifically associated with client delivery of the design of the IVA and to provide suitable and sufficient competence for review of design issues against a set of suitable standards, and design solutions to support the creation of the supporting documentation.
- This will require the candidate to have experience of Power Distribution Designs, Large PP&E Earthing Strategies, General Electircal design Documentation writing (Schematics, BCDs, Cable Schedules), interaction with a Multidiscipline design team and a good understanding of configuration control.
- Project names and deliverables : IVA Assembly & Commissioning.
- Close out of Electrical DCNs including Power Supply Modifications, Cable Routing and Control Fibre Specification.
- Close out of "Engineering Forward Actions" as defined by the "IVA Engineering Outstanding actions List.
- Production of Approved for Construction (AFC) Packs and the associated Design Certificates.
- Finalise Engineering Design for the PFL Test Rig in EPURE.
- Undertake design substantiation for machine power networks, other associated equipment on the project and present these at Design Reviews.
- Provide Technical Assistance on incoming TQs for the dismantling phase of the IVA.
- Provide Technical Assistance on incoming TQs for the assembly and installation phase of the PFL Test Rig.
- Construction and Installation experience.
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels.
- Knowledge/ABILITY to manage stakeholders.
- Power Distribution Designs.
- Large PP&E Earthing Strategies.
- General Electrical design Documentation writing (Schematics, BCDs, Cable Schedules).
- Interaction with a multi-discipline design team.
- A good understanding of configuration control.
- Happy to consider varied skill set / background.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.