Contract Length: 18-months
Location: Aldermaston (fulltime, 1 day per week on site, some travel to supplier sites)
IR35: Out of Scope
Qualify for Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS): Yes
Top 3 benchmarking criteria:
- Pressure vessel experience
- Highly regulated environment
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals - stress, strain & plastic analysis
Job Description Summary
Provide designs for the Facility Design Authority (FDA) such that utilities, infrastructure, engineering processes, equipment and facilities are compliant with legislation, standards and requirements associated with engineering design throughout the facility lifecycle.
- Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
- Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
- Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
- Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
- HNC minimum
- Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Discipline
- Happy to accept someone who is NOT chartered but need to be highly experienced
- Capacity working with Pressure vessels - Vessel design, general engineering, fracture mechanics and Stress analysis
- EN Codes - fundamental understanding of the code for pressure equipment
- PD5500 regulations
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel codes
- Can help with the development of the design
- Tech experience: Mathcad and/or Ansys or equivalent Finite Element software (Desirable)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.