Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Data Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Deliver Geographical Information Service (GIS) for the Wind Hub using HQ technical specifications, procedures & standards, rules & processes, in order to meet their spatial data needs.
* Deliver [GIS] data requests to prepare, capture, search, transfer and QC data are fulfilled for TRENUK or external parties to meet stakeholder needs within the scope and priorities of the service.
* Create, Publish and Manage map services for use in ArcGIS for Portal and ArcGIS Online (using ArcGIS Server and Image Server)
* Produce and manage complex cartographic documents using HQ technical specifications, procedures & standards, rules & processes for each offshore wind project.
* Co-build GIS studies such as offshore wind farm layouts, cable routings and site selection and undertake analyses for decision support
* Contribute to data acquisition operations in geomatics (e.g. topography, remote sensing), engineering (e.g. geophysical or geotechnical surveys) or HSE surveys (e.g. environmental baseline or monitoring surveys) from definition of needs to validation of deliverables.
* Execute appropriate geodetic calculations where required.
* Organize and provide GIS application support to end users or internal team.
* Follow up on the development, assessment and implementation of GIS and cartographic solutions and propose enhancement tools.
* Closely cooperate with HQ geospatial data information specialists for all GIS related matters.
* Closely follow, use & contribute to the development, drafting, updating and/or management of Technical Reference documents for this specialty.
* Collaborate, contribute and exchange know-how related to Geographical Information Systems.
* Promote and encourage the use of geographical information environment and data
Experience & Qualifications:
* At least a BSc degree in Geographical Information Services or Computer Science disciplines with relevant professional experience or relevant work experience in development of energy and renewables projects.
* Technical skills in Geographical Information Systems, (ESRI software, inc ArcSDE and ArcGIS Server, FME, AGOL), geodesy and general knowledge of spatial data analysis techniques. Knowledge of other GIS software desirable, e.g. QGIS.
* Experience of Web GIS (ArcGIS for Portal/ArcGIS Enterprise & ArcGIS Online). Publishing and management of data, creation of web maps and web mapping applications
* Good knowledge of Geodesy
* Programming skills and aptitude in Python and SQL
* Experience of working within a Power BI based reporting environment.
* Knowledge of ETL tools (Safe FME) and scripting in Python, SQL.
* Organized, methodical and able to multi-task whilst working under tight deadlines
* Behavioral skills: self-motivated, autonomy, open-mindedness, adaptability, achievement orientation, team player
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068982.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.