- Posted 30 October 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contracts Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Is responsible for the preparation of tenders for all disciplines and project specific contract strategy e.g., bidders list and project specific terms & conditions.
* Is responsible to compile all required information from other departments e.g., engineering, planning, procurement et cetera and issues invitations to tender.
* Is responsible for the administration and keeps records on all issues during tender phase.
* Is responsible for the evaluation and negotiations both commercial/contractual and coordinates technical evaluations of the received tenders.
* Organizes and chairs clarification meetings and kick-off meetings.
* Organizes the tender board and provides the required documentation.
* Is responsible for the preparation and issuing of contracts and for the accurate administration of the contract and issue of addenda and/or amendments.
* Monitors and controls contract variations (subcontracts and client contracts) in close cooperation with project team.
* Prepares and issues contract summary reports.
* Is responsible for all contractual correspondence and for close-out contracts.
* Assists the Project Managers on all contractual issues.
* Supports other departments on contractual and commercial matters.
* Keeps knowledge and procedures up to date on all relevant aspects and shares this within the section.
* Checks work of colleagues to improve quality.
* Reports regularly to the Section Head Contracts on personal achievements and section matters.
* Uses and maintains corporate standards. Develops and proposes improvements.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanics, Law, Commerce or equivalent by experience.
* Relevant experience in a contracting environment within the oil & gas industry.
* Immunity to stress
* Planning & organization
- Demonstrable experience in contracts and/or purchasing environment
- Experience of all subcontracting processes from tendering, contract negotiations, to close out
- Experience in supplier performance management, NCR's
- Background CE working for medium sized operators/service providers and/or subsea contractors
- Ability to work on own initiative, pro-active, independent, self-starter
- Active involvement in C&P Team continuous improvement process
- Experience in Maximo (preferred)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/056186.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.