About the Role
Reporting to the Senior C&P Manager, this role primarily will deliver on the following in relation to Subsea and Marine installation and Floating Storage and Offloading contracts, but may also include design services, provision of goods and equipment and manufacturing and supply contracts:
* Ensures conformance with the Client Charter, the Client Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
* Provides an overriding commitment to health (including mental health), safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development with relentless focus on lowering risk exposure.
* Formulates and develops contracting plans and sourcing strategies to mitigate risks, maximize opportunities and detail contracting engagements.
* Establishes and maintains risk plan to assure effective management of the scopes of work, formulates mitigation strategies.
* Leads the stakeholder alignment and development of the sourcing strategy for all the contract packages.
* Leads and manages end to end contracting including contract negotiations (including terms and conditions), coordinates technical scopes of work, including interface with all project disciplines, formation and post-award administration for high-risk marine installation contracts and the floating storage and offloading contracts.
* Prepares and presents sourcing and contract approval documentation to joint venture partners and internal senior management as required.
* Ensures efficient post-award contract administration of contracts, including contractual correspondence, review, drafting and processing of claims, amendments and change orders, approval of invoices, securing internal approvals, co-ordination and agreement of final accounts and contract close-outs, maintaining, and archiving of contract files.
* Conducts commercial bid evaluations including scoring analysis, benchmarking, and negotiations with contractors.
* Provides advice on contractual and commercial matters to the Project Managers and Delivery Leads and ensures a proactive approach to claims management.
* Provides input into project budgets and cost forecasting, as required.
* Establishes effective communication channels within the project and functional teams to encourage collaboration.
* Interfaces with all levels within the project team as well as within the function. Leads meetings with interfacing disciplines in support of scope or commercial terms development.
* Leads presentations, negotiations and meetings with contractors as well as within the project team and function.
* Remains informed of contractors and market conditions and evaluate key learnings,
* Collaborates with Project Services to ensure provision of data requirements for project reporting & control.
Skills and Experience
Seeking candidates with relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably in an Engineering discipline (s), Construction Management, Economics, Quantity Surveying, Supply Chain, Legal (Construction Law) or related discipline. You will have 15+ years' experience in Contract Management on Capital Projects, a high degree of business acumen with deep understanding of high-risk Projects Contracts & Procurement Strategies.
The successful applicant for this role will also have:
* Proven track record for tendering and negotiating large and complex installation contracts, bare boat charter, and operations and maintenance contracts within the maritime sector.
* Familiarity with the vendor qualification, RFI/RFP processes, EPCI type contracts and service agreement requirements.
* Strong execution experience with marine installation scopes, and lease agreements for bare boat charter and operations and maintenance scopes on large size capital projects through different project phases.
* Execution of all project phases (identification (Studies), selection (Pre-FEED), definition (FEED) and execution in Contracting & Procurement.
* Contract management - formation through post award management in the home office and in the field (at the jobsite), claims assessment and management.
* Relating well with people with an engaging style, which quickly enables building of trust and strong relationships with stakeholders.
* Ability to interface in a global setting across the PC&P organization.
* Strong leadership capability and ability to manage direct reports.
* Experience in Open Book Conversion negotiations and implementation.
* Ability to think laterally to independently resolve issues and influence change.
* Ability to operate independently as a Project Contracts Lead on $150MM to $1B contract packages.
* Advanced communication skills enabling the influencing of a diverse stakeholder group (both project team and within the function).
* Strong presentation skills.
* Ability to challenge status quo and produce innovative and forward-thinking contracting strategies.
* Ability to support Project Teams to deliver project KPIs.
* Demonstrated advanced written and oral English language proficiency, excellent.
* Thorough experience of the application of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and 365)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.