Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contracts Advisor -- Wells, based in Aberdeen.
* Development and ongoing management of key commercial and contract activities within an assigned contract portfolio,
* Implementation of the company's procurement and contracting standards, work processes and best practices within the Wells activities,
* Co-development and implementation of procurement and contracting strategies to ensure timely and successful delivery of products and services to meet the company's needs, and
* Ensure all internal compliance and joint operating agreement requirements regarding contracting processes and approvals are satisfied.
* Prepare requests for proposal documentation,
* Leads/Supports the tendering and evaluation process
* Plan, conduct, lead and conclude complex contract negotiations with appropriate SME (legal, HES etc) input as required
* Prepare detailed Recommendation to Award papers and presentations where required, and
* Develop Contracts and associated commercial documents using standard templates
* Including contract progress verification, change management, claims mitigation and contract closeout.
* Develop and implement post award Contractor relationship performance,
* Oversee preparation and administration of minor non-LOGIC template third-party contracts, and
* Compliant contract administration
* Engage and coordinate with Legal and other functional SMEs for contracting support,
* Work closely with stakeholders in order to understand their needs and requirements through good communication and collaboration
* Communicate with the company's business owners and provide guidance on tendering/contracting policy, process, procedures, guidelines, and best practices.
* Provide contractual advice, support and interpretation to the Wells Team,
* Build and maintain network and relationships with business partners relevant to our operated and project activities to achieve objectives.
* Monitor the external environment to identify and take advantage of business opportunities to improve results within defined area of responsibility.
* Champion HSE in all procurement activities,
* Manages use of SAP/Procurement VSCM systems
* Present alongside the relevant Wells Team member any assigned sourcing requirements at monthly Tender Board Meetings.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant experience as a Contracts Advisor working on Wells/Drilling & Completions Contracts for managing multiple large contracts, preferably having worked for Operators and/or Major Contractors in the UKCS space.
* Experience in Well Construction Services and Commodities along with Drilling Contracts (MODUs, Drill Ships, Jack-Ups & Platform Drilling) Contracts is required.
* Highly experienced and knowledgeable with formal SCM systems including principles and associated processes, practices, or tools including contract drafting and formulation, legal requirements, Terms and Conditions and risk assessment.
* Experienced and effective in interfacing with internal stakeholders such as core business operations, compliance, Legal, Finance, as well as the Procurement, Materials, QA/QC and Logistics elements of the overarching supply chain management, as well as external stakeholders
* Working knowledge of end-to-end Contracting process (Planning, Sourcing, Negotiation and Supplier Management).
* Proven business and commercial acumen, including negotiation skills.
* Proficient in SAP, e-Procurement systems and Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to effectively communicate within a multi-functional team and with various technical backgrounds.
* Preferably degree qualified in an appropriate commercial discipline (e.g., Quantity Surveying, Business Management, Law)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063877.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.