Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contracts Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Develop commercially competitive Wells sourcing strategies and tactics that meet the business demand with implementation of Global Franchising Strategies wherever practicable.
* Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with suppliers in accordance with the CMCP.
* Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously drive value improvement targets.
* Effectively manage contract claims and variations to achieve the best commercial outcome.
* Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
* Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero through implementation of robust contractor safety management practice, alignment to the company's Contract HSSE Management Manual and the Wells personal & process safety focus areas.
* Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Holders and Contract Owners.
* Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Companys Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the business demand or procurement practices to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
* Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (HSSE, performance, cost & value). This may involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well.
* Ensure strong connect across the wider CP Organization (e.g. Production, Wells, Projects, Operations, Wells CP Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
* Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Category Team (only relevant for certain spend categories).
* Builds effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within immediate team.
* Ensure application of the CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Highly tuned commercial acumen and fully developed analytical skills in terms of contractual costs and analysis with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
* Comprehensive understanding of contractual risk allocation.
* In-depth knowledge and experience of procurement, contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in an international setting.
* Demonstrable experience of tendering, awarding and managing contracts across a range of requirements, wells experience would be beneficial.
* Experienced in developing contract strategies, which have delivered overall value to the business.
* Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064519.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.