Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contract Specialists (Procurement), based in Aberdeen.
* Develop and implement procurement contract strategies to support business need and align to the category strategy.
* Prepare and issue enquiries, manage and conduct bid evaluation, negotiations and prepare award recommendation.
*Understand relevant market, conduct local market intelligence including focus on local content.
* Enhance the company's supply chain by ensuring compliance with our governing Supply Chain Management processes, with specific focus on Integrity Due Diligence, Human Rights assessments, Safety, Quality and Commercial Risk.
* Drive and perform contract management from award to contract close-out with a focus on minimising value leakage, risk and promoting safety.
* Proactively ensure high quality stakeholder management both internally and towards suppliers.
Experience & Qualifications:
Relevant bachelor's degree desirable and / or proven relevant procurement experience from a renewable, technical, manufacturing or O&M background
* Significant experience and competence in the creation and management of strategic service/ project / O&M contracts in the UK
* Solid experience of UK legislative environment and contractual agreements
*Strong awareness of the UK Supplier market and understanding of establishing and promoting Local Content
* Experienced in supporting large scale and high value operational activities
*Demonstrable ability to forge strong stakeholder and supplier relationships
*Strong negotiation and influencing skills
*Ability to profile and manage risk
* Experienced in driving and contributing towards improvement and innovation
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069671.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.