Location: Plymouth (3 day on site / 2 days WFH per week)
Significant upgrade and modifications to key infrastructure at Devonport. Project within Government Major Projects Portfolio. Design progressing, construction enablers progressing, main works contractor appointed and construction starts early 2024. Client role as Investor and Intelligent Customer with Prime Contractor responsible for delivery. Support Client Project Team.
Construction Management support to the Client Project Team. 3 days per week on site in Plymouth with some WFH and some travel for off-site pre-fabrication and testing.
- Witness selected Key construction site activities
- Witness selected factory acceptance tests
- Support Client nominated NEC supervisor (needs NEC supervisor understanding)
- Construction planning and schedule assurance.
- Support Monthly Cl32 reviews
- Weekly Progress and near term look ahead
- Efficiency of construction enablers, RAMS, material management, procurements, workforce mobilisation, plant hire/movement, labour utilisations, productivity rates and areas for increased efficiency.
- Advice on realism of impacts from risks, issues, opportunities, construction sequence changes and risk realisation (and contingency drawdown)
- Construction schedule deep dives and realism of forecast outturns.
- Support PM in understanding weekly schedule variance and impact on end dates.
- Advice on NEC contract EWN treatment and CE impacts. Maintain Weekly Site Diary on key activities undertaken, key issues log, concerns delay, for use as commercial records for any EWN / CE assessment and assessment of programme.
- Advice on schedule risk exposure, areas of concern, potential mitigations and time at risk.
- Sentencing build assurance risks, safety case constraints and compliance. Ensuring build assurance risks (and impacts) realistic.
- Advise on site efficiency (with focus on cost efficiency) - plant use, resource utilisation, material management (and wasteage) in support of defined cost evaluation.
- Review and acknowledge contractor site diaries.
- Input to planning and performance at Weekly contractor planning / interface meetings
- Attendance at selected daily pre-start briefings and "5@5" daily debriefs - support Client view on effectiveness and efficiency of team when assessing defined cost/reasonableness.
- Input to Key Subcontractor progress meetings and performance reasonableness.
- Heavy civils experience in high hazard/regulated environment
- NEC ECC
- Construction Management, Construction Planning
- Civil/Structural construction core discipline
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.