Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Construction Lead, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and the company's HSES Procedures
* Monitor contractors' construction activities to ensure Legislative, Company HSEQ and contractual requirements are met.
* Audit implementation of construction, completion and handover procedures.
* Accountable for managing all construction related lessons learned & HSE corrective actions.
* Ensure that the project teams construction objectives are structured and manned with qualified and competent resources.
* Support the Project Teams to ensure projects are delivered to budget and schedule including inputs to plans and estimates.
* Work closely with Project team to prepare for upcoming, complex offshore construction campaign
* Perform technical assurance for construction to ensure procedural compliance.
* Responsible for approval of key internal and vendor construction governance documentation, ensuring that construction activities have been prepared in line with HSEQ procedures and industry best practice.
* Chair key construction meetings with onshore and offshore, including being focal point for communications with offshore Delivery Team Leads.
* Responsible for review and approval of Contractor workpacks, instructions and jobcards.
* Participate in design and safety reviews (MOCs, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, LOPAs, etc.)
* Lead internal execution reviews with stakeholders and assure vendor constructability reviews.
* Promote continuous improvement and learning in construction, completions and handover.
* Participate in project risk management process.
* Support Operations with construction expertise together with resources to facilitate key maintenance and shutdown activities as required.
* Regular offshore management visits to company assets to promote Projects' core values.
* In conjunction with the Technical Data team, champion and drive opportunities to gain efficiencies from the effective use of 3D models, digital design tools, workflow automation, and EMS system integration using electronic workpack.
* Work closely with Commissioning and Handover teams to ensure systems, processes and procedures allow for seamless transition to operations.
* Mobilise as offshore delivery lead when required.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant offshore experience in construction delivery role.
* Good knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards (PTW, ECITB, SBT, LOLER, etc.), previous or current certification advantageous.
* Significant knowledge of all phases of oil and gas projects e.g. FEED, EPC, commissioning, start-up, handover etc., and experience with project sanction processes.
* Experience in delivering a broad range of scopes from minor anomalies through to major projects. Extensive brownfield, and a range of experience across topsides, jackets, drilling, and subsea systems is highly preferred.
* Significant experience working directly with operations personnel and procedures, including initiation, management, and handover of offshore works.
* Significant experience with development and execution of greenfield and brownfield construction scopes
* Experience of working within multi-disciplined teams and interfacing with Contractor and Operations organisation
* Experience leading teams through construction, commissioning and start-up
* Demonstrated strong technical competence
* Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
* Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
* Demonstrated interpersonal / teamwork skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Valid certificates to travel offshore
* Awareness of the company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System
* Awareness of the company's Values & Business Principle
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/070350.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.