- Posted 14 June 2022
- Contact NameRen White
As a partner to the Oilfield Services group, you are a seasoned communications practitioner and counselor who works with the business segment Communications Leader to create and deliver employee engagement and integration communications for a recently acquired business.
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-starter with curiosity about industry technology and trends related to energy transition.
As Communications Manager for the Oilfield Services business segment, you will be responsible for:
* Strategy, planning, and execution
* Develops project communications plans, nurtures partnerships, and measures impact of communications to continuously improve
* Understands the business's structure, purpose, products/services, priorities, and key measures
* Collaborates effectively with a variety of teams within the business and the Corporate Affairs function
* Writes in a variety of styles for a variety of formats in a way that is engaging, grammatically correct, and appropriate
* Actively looks for ways to improve work processes and makes practical suggestions
* Acts as the first point of contact between external audiences and the business, on occasions dealing with sensitive issues
* Coordinates with External Affairs team and Sales & Commercial team to highlight commercial successes and strategic partnerships during quarterly earnings process and throughout year
* Highlights new product launches through media, social media, and external awards opportunities in collaboration with product company marketing team
* Coordinates with HQ teams to represent Oilfield Services capabilities at enterprise level
* Minimum of five years of experience in communications in a global organization
* Oil and gas experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, business, or an equivalent major
* Consistently delivers a high standard of work
* Demonstrates good judgment by clarifying the business purpose of the communication activities he/she works on. Asks "why?"
* Ability to influence and advocate for communications best practices
* Comfortable in ambiguous environments that require a proactive mindset
* Demonstrates strong writing, editing, research, and interviewing skills
* Aptitude for understanding technical subject matter and basic financial concepts
* Keeps pace in fast-moving communications environment; able to organize and prioritize
* Familiar with print, digital, video and graphic design production processes and can assist with production of various corporate communication projects
Work Schedule: M-F (hybrid ie. flexible/may vary on business activity)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.