- Posted 26 May 2022
- Contact NameFaraz Sattar
We have a current opportunity for a Commissioning Site Leader on a contract basis. The position will be based in Doha. For further information about this position please apply.
* In the initial phase, to assist the MP/FOPS Commissioning Manager in preparing high level Commissioning procedures/documents and all necessary elements for the future EPCIC Call for Tenders and Technical Contractual Exhibits.
* To assist and support the Commissioning Manager in supervising the EPCC Contractor activities linked to the Commissioning of the 2 well head platforms.
* To Liaise with CPP Commissioning Site Leader (who is in charge of B#3 Coordination)
* To supervise the Company Commissioning Team during Onshore/Offshore Phases
* Ensure Commissioning preparation and execution with Contractor
* To define the Commissioning mobilization plan
* To recruit the commissioning Team (final approval by Commissioning Manager)
* The candidate will have to manage a team of Commissioning discipline Leaders and specialists, an ICAPS/Completion coordination Team and interface with both Construction and Field Operations Teams.
* Staff supervised: up to 30 people during a multi-project phases
* Areas of impact: Project Safety performance, Project planning (First Oil date) and plant availability (operational performance).
ACTIVITIES - PREPARATION PHASE
BASIC ENGINEERING PHASE (FEED and Detailed engineering)
* To draft the pre-commissioning and commissioning philosophy, identify a preliminary systems/sub-system break-down and list of operational tests, participates to the preparation of a preliminary start-up sequence, Involvement in Schedule definition.
* To review the EPCIC contract (agreement and exhibits) to make sure all Commissioning related scope and contractual elements are in place before Award.
EPCIC COMMISSIONING PREPARATION PHASE
* To review and approve the Commissioning Management procedures (handover, interfaces, punch list, organization, spare parts, HSE etc.).
* To review and approve the Commissioning dossiers prepared by Contractor (including ICAPS database, Operational Test Procedures).
* To coordinate the activities of the Company Commissioning Team mobilized during this period.
* To participate or ensure Commissioning participation to FAT of major/critical equipment as required.
* To prepare the overall Commissioning plan.
* Lead Commissioning Meetings
* Participate to project meeting and develop Commissioning preparation reports
ACTIVITIES - EXECUTION PHASE
* To promote/ensure safety within the Commissioning activities and verify that safety procedures and Permit to Work system are implemented by the Commissioning Team.
* To witness and monitor the pre-commissioning activities performed by the Contractor and countersign all pre-commissioning dossiers at Ready for Commissioning (RFC) status.
* To control all Commissioning activities performed by Contractor.
* To ensure proper control of Commissioning activities (progress vs planning, punch list follow-up..) and recommend any necessary corrective actions.
* To approve Commissioning Documents submitted by Contractor
* To report immediately any unexpected event that may impact the Commissioning or Start-Up of the platforms.
* Lead Commissioning Meetings
* Participate to project meeting
* Consolidate Commissioning and progress reports
* To review and approve the Commissioning dossiers after completion of Construction (RFC), after completion of Commissioning activities (AOC) and to ensure the signature of the Transfer certificates (TOM).
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
* Batch#3 Project involves the development of 3 new offshore platforms (2 NWHP + 1 CPP) and Brownfield upgrade. Central Processing Platform is bridge linked to the existing facilities on G-Complex. All these activities could be executed across different international sites. This Project will require complex interfaces with other entities of NOC.
* Onshore and Offshore phases
* Brownfield and Greenfield environment designed on a different basis, minimum coherence to ensure smooth future operations
* EPCIC execution shall take place at Contractor premises, FAT premises. A rotation scheme might be implemented during Onshore Commissioning Peak period (6-7 months prior to load-out) as well as offshore phase.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Qualification: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering,
* Experience: At least 15-20 years' experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with minimum 8-10 years' experience in a lead Commissioning role,
* Proven track record of leadership and problem resolution.
* Strong interpersonal and good communication skills,
* Available for technical missions worldwide,
* Experienced with Total General Specifications, OPERCOM and ICAPS, PRODOM/MANASA DCC Database and relevant codes and standards,
* Language: Fluent English,
* Computer literate,
* Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment,
* H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.
* Electrical Certificates
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.