Scopes of work can include: Array cables installation, cable load out, cable laying, burial, trenching, Installation support vessel works, rock placement.
* Maintain an accurate record of all installation activities on a daily basis throughout the execution phase.
* Ensure that all relevant approved procedures and risk assessments are followed by the contractor.
* Ensure the Contractor proactively manages safety and quality.
* Act, behave and lead by example according to Client's values.
* Work independently as Clients "eyes and ears" on the project.
* Ensure sub-contractors are adhering to the set safety regulations.
* Prepare and distribute Daily Progress Reports (DPR) as required.
* Ensure the DPRs are signed by all required parties.
* Review and understand RA/MS and QHSE documents as required before execution phase commences and keep updated on changes in the documents.
* Attend daily meetings, toolbox talks and any other discussions to ensure that the works are being carried out in a safe manner to the required quality.
* During all defined key activities and otherwise as often as practicable be present as a witness during installation. Access all work areas provided it is safe to do so.
* Participate in safety walks with HSE representatives from Client and Contractor organisations.
* Daily recording of activities relating to load-out, transit, positioning and installation
* GWO courses: Sea Survival, Working at Heights, First Aid, Fire Awareness, Manual Handling
* BOSIET/HUET incl. CA-EBS
* OGUK Medical certificate including Chester step
* IOSH Managing Safely or similar HSE training
* IT proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet)
The contractor must bring his/her own PC with Microsoft Office software and must be in possession of an i-Phone 6 or a newer model, or a Windows phone 8.1 where Client's AirWatch app can be downloaded. The app is mandatory on all mobile devices used by Client staff (including consultants) to protect them from cybercrime.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.