Civil - Quality Assurance & Quality Control (Hill Site)
- Posted 27 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameNikki Howieson
* Assure safe, environmentally compliant, cost effective and timely execution of project civil operations.
* Insure and maintain a safe working environment covering all project work. HSE incidents reporting.
* Site civil documentation management.
* Responsible to maintain continuous accountability of project civil historic data to include but not limited to; project civil work(s)
* completed, measured performance data/reports, installed asset components, etc.
* Assist with project planning - writing work scopes, getting quotes, scheduling work.
* Analyze site performance, identify problems, work with support teams to create and implement plans as needed to meet key
* performance indicators.
* Collaborate with the Technical Support group on the evaluation of installation failures analysis and for methods of procedures to prevent
* Responsible for site inventory - accounting for all spare parts stored, consumed, refurbished, salvaged, etc. at the project location and
* ensuring proper stock levels are maintained at all times.
* Interface with Operations Support for any issue relevant to plant performance analysis to include the development, implementation and
* results measurement of any action plans.
* Train and mentor junior members. Encourage training and development through performance management with a focus on retention.
* Create and maintain 24/7 emergency response schedule for site outages.
* Manage and direct contractors to assure TRUSA's business goals are achieved.
* Provide technical input related to contract drawings and documents.
* Contribute to daily and weekly contractor/owner meetings.
* Assure contractors meet all civil deliverable requirements set-forth in applicable contracts and agreements.
* Assist the Construction Manger to validate all contractor schedules, applications for payments and contractor change requests.
* Directly responsible for ensuring civil contractors performing work on site comply with all environmental and land use permit conditions.
* Maintain civil project schedules and keep the Construction Manager informed of any potential changes to the civil schedule.
* Assist the Construction Manager to establish and maintain effective work relationships within the community and stakeholders.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. (Typically, six years of related progressive work experience is needed
* for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor's degree.)
* Six years of related electrical management or energy industry electrical experience including three years supervisory management
* Knowledge in new renewable/alternative energy power projects preferred.
* Proficient in the areas of concrete structural foundations and all other civil works.
* Microsoft Office Skills at an intermediate level.
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
* Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* The ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds.
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
* Ability to travel with limited advance notice and to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and nights.
* Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
* Candidate must live or be willing to relocate to within one hour of the assigned power plant.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.