Civil & Structural Engineer
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameGary Chapman
We have a current opportunity for a Civil & Structural Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Milan. Candidates must have the right to live and work in the EU. For further information about this position please apply.
This is a vacancy working directly for the owner/operator of a major capital LNG project. Candidates must have similar recent relevant experience.
The Civil Engineer (Structural) is responsible for the design completion and execution of the Civil Facilities.
* Work in the Civil Structural Engineering organization of 4 FTE on Company's side and around 260 FTE on Contractor's side.
* Assure the Civil Structural discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 11,000 technical documents.
* Implement engineering specifications and provide quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness.
* Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Civil Marine design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
* Perform the review deliverables for Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Hydraulics detailed engineering works for foundations, undergrounds, roads, drainage system, buildings, steel and concrete structures such as piperacks, platforms bridges, culverts, equipment, Flare derrick, tanks, etc.
* Provide technical expertise support for Construction Material selection, tests and approval.
* Provide technical expertise to implement HVAC design impacts on buildings and finalize buildings design.
* Ensure Security and shore protection interfaces gets incorporated into the design and follow up during construction and provide support for all site structures including marine and topsides.
* Interface with Contractor Civil Structural Engineering site team to ensure coordination of efforts and that all necessary issues are addressed.
* Identify opportunities and risks (and their mitigations) for Civil Structural design related operating issues. Work with Process Safety to ensure all appropriate safeguards and mitigations are in place to provide a safe working environment for Operations.
* Coordination of Contractor planning and execution activities, with focus on Civil Marine engineering activities, but familiarity with multidisciplinary engineering execution, and procurement.
* Assist the Civil Structural Lead Engineer in ensuring the Civil Structural Discipline technical portions of the EPC contract is adhered to during execution.
* During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
* Ensure implementation of proper design for civil structures (deep foundations, shallow foundations, steel racks, structures, buildings, drainage, etc.).
* Design implementation and execution for the Civil Works inside the Civil Structural Engineering team, part of the overall Civil, Structural, Marine Engineering organization.
* Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering discipline.
* Proficient in English language.
* Eight (8) or more years' experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
* Sound understanding of applicable regulatory requirements in international settings.
* Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
* Extensive knowledge of standard engineering methods, technologies and computerized design techniques.
* Must have recent experience working on the design of civil structures for oil & gas facilities.
* Experience in working in a project team of engineers and able to function (based upon prior experience) in both the design and operational environment and be able to adapt to different work conditions in office and at site.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.