Location: Remote (US- CST/EST preferred)
Contract Length: 13 Months
Pay Rate: $75-85/hr
The Chief of Staff will partner with the Clinical Development and Innovation Group VP to drive and implement the vision of the organization. In this role, you will lead and implement various strategic planning processes across the organization, identify needs and provide recommendations to the VP in supporting the achievement of corporate goals while responding effectively to changing priorities.
Represents your organization's priorities and collaborate cross-functionally within the Enterprise and RDAA Organization and other Chief of Staff.
With an increasing number of launches and strategic initiatives underway, the need to upgrade how we manage our work with more efficiency, alignment, and speed is paramount. To continue our growth trajectory, we are searching for a qualified Chief of Staff / Strategic Planning and Project Director. This role will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing projects, and communicating objectives between groups.
- Strategic scope: strategic thinking, strong leadership, and personal drive to undertake key responsibilities of the role.
- Operational scope: flawless planning, execution, proactiveness ensuring business impact.
- All for One mentality: stakeholder management, collaborate across multiple disciplines and initiatives with organizational/enterprise impact.
- Operational Excellence: the individual must have strong data analytics and management skills, including the ability to interpret business needs, translate them into operational requirements and drive standardization and improvement towards those requirements. The individual must have the ability to work independently, with a strong Operational Excellence
- Serves as Chief of Staff for the Clinical Development and Innovation Group, Aesthetic Medicine VP by independently representing VPs views. Communicates clearly, concisely, and in timely fashion items that require the VP's attention.
- Oversees strategic business initiatives from ideation to implementation. Provides to the Specialty Development VP strategic and operational options for the department, including contingency planning. Responsible for supporting strategic projects and resource maps including LRP and Plan.
- Serves as the finance liaison between their specific organization and our Finance team to ensure strategic and operational management of the budget planning and tracking.
- Maximizes opportunities to highlight best practices and shared learnings across RDAA and cross-functional partners to reduce duplication of efforts.
- Ensures processes are in place to support integrated planning, operations, and process execution.
- Leads, executes, and supports Enterprise initiatives - works across the matrix driving Development priorities resulting in operational efficiencies, enhancing culture and/or improving decision-making in the organization (initiatives/priorities include process improvement, change management and other ad-hoc initiatives).
- Provides insights and analysis to team members on company's operational model.
- Develops and maintains business relationships among functional areas across the company (Finance, Business HR, Talent Acquisition, etc) and in partnership with them, implement frameworks and ensure functional expertise, capabilities, and that resources & budget are available and leveraged appropriately through the portfolio.
- Responsible for functional communication and meeting planning within the department (including logistics, planning and execution of key internal/external meetings, governance, and forums).
- Triangulates onboarding with manager and new employee.
- Partners with leadership to deliver, monitor and communicate progress towards goals.
- Works with the organization staff to enhance culture, identify issues and partners with VP/Leaders and BHR to find workable solutions - including Employee survey action planning and tracking.
- Engages and partners with other Chief of Staff for various initiatives and to build key capabilities in the organization.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent job experience required. Scientific knowledge and at least ten years of industry experience in Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare related field or MBA.
- Experience & Knowledge: Proven ability to lead, influence, manage, and motivate others in a complex, multi-functional matrix environment
- Broad understanding of the pharmaceutical business, project management/project planning experience on global projects.
- History of anticipating and resolving problems while exhibiting superior judgment and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and executive
- Must have extensive experience conceiving, creating, and delivering business presentations to senior management; strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills; strong organizational skills with a focus on details; demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams.
- Relevant experience in budget and financial management, contracts, process improvements, and/or compliance.
- Recognized leader in standard business procedures such as program management, portfolio review, finance, and budgeting. Excellent cross-functional negotiating skills.
- Expert technology skills (e.g., MS Office software, SharePoint Skills) required
Top skills, experience or education required:
- Advanced Degree or equivalent job experience required. Scientific knowledge and at least ten years of industry experience in Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare related field or MBA
- Strong project management and planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and gain alignment across a matrix structure.
- Operational Excellence: the individual must have strong data analytics and data management skills, including the ability to interpret business needs, translate them into operational requirements and drive standardization and improvement towards those requirements. The individual must have the ability to work independently, with a strong Operational Excellence focus
- Ability to effectively present ideas with clarity on the objective and value proposition with a sustainable framework
- Ability to document complex medical/clinical and research concepts and processes in both written and oral communication
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.