Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Chief Environmental Engineer, based in Scotland or England.
* To represent the company's environmental strategy and capability to clients, where needed.
* Bidding and delivering environmental scopes, either as standalone scopes or as part of the company's wider engineering projects primarily in the UK.
* Interacting with clients to deliver scopes in line with client expectations and our own budget commitments.
* Managing the company's sub-contract supply chain for environmental engineering - with support from our commercial specialists.
* Define, build and manage the company's internal environmental team to meet our project requirements.
* Support the development of the company's environmental reputation through external engagement and social media with suitable thought-leadership materials.
* To coordinate and knowledge share with existing environmental capability in the company e.g. the team based in Saudi Arabia.
* Maintain the highest levels of safety and integrity performance in line with the company's values.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in a relevant science, engineering, or environmental subject
* Chartered Engineer status is expected.
* Knowledge of UK environmental legislation and standards and aware of overseas regimes where necessary to support the company.
* Extensive environmental experience on energy projects in the UK.
* Able to work to tight deadlines.
* Excellent written skills and attention to detail
* Excellent coordination, monitoring, and supervisory skills.
* Pro-active approach
* Team player
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/069683.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.