We have a contract opportunity for a Chief Engineer (Vessel Ops) with a major oil and gas client.
The role is working offshore Dubai, UAE, on 28/28 rotation
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the safe and cost-effective management of the vessel's plant and machinery. The Chief Engineer is the head of Engine Room department on board the vessel.
1. Ensure the safe, efficient operation, and maintenance of all the machinery and equipment in engine room.
2. Manage all maintenance tasks, the planned maintenance system, and unscheduled repairs that may be necessary on all of the vessel's plant and machinery systems.
3. Ensure critical equipment is identified, operational, maintained and spare parts stock is maintained.
4. Comply with Class, International Maritime, Flag State rules and regulations.
5. Maintain accurate records, including engine room logs, Planned Maintenance Systems, Oil Record Books, Ballast Water Management Records, Cargo Log Books, which should be readily available and conform to the requirements of the Company's Management System
6. Supervise and appraise the engine room staff.
7. Assist in the planning of dry-dockings, major repairs, modifications and surveys and will keep the Vessel Operations Department fully informed of vessel status and all notifiable occurrences.
8. Operate the vessels in an accident-free environment by fully implementing Company's Safety Management System and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code where applicable
9. Ensure that all defects are reported to the office in a timely manner
10. Communicate and cooperate with other departments onboard the vessel.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
Chief Engineer License STCW III/2.
Prior experience as Chief Engineer on offshore vessels
- Thorough knowledge of vessel propulsion, diesel engines and diesel gensets, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and electrical/electronic system, Dynamic Positioning (DP) system, working knowledge of shipboard control and automation systems, high pressure systems, hydraulic systems and controls.
- High level of computer literacy; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) and Oracle.
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised.
- High attention to detail.
To apply please send full CV
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.