- Posted 26 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We have a current opportunity for a Business Development manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Surrey
The role will lead business development activities for individual large ASUs (>2000 TPD), Syngas, Gasification and Carbon Capture investments in the UK and Europe in particular.
They will work with the regional team and local subsidiaries to assess the local markets and identify prospects. Once opportunities are identified, the senior manager business development will lead all aspects of the opportunity including screening for economic viability, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and then maintaining overall commercial responsibility for the investment during project execution. The opportunities will range from around $100MM to over $ 1000MM with complex technical, contract, regulatory and financing structures.
III, NATURE AND SCOPE
This role will be the central focal point for all activity related to a new investment and asset buy-back opportunity. The primary interfaces for this role include the customer, local subsidiaries, finance department, internal and external engineering teams, internal and external legal counsels, government and local authorities, and operations teams. They will need to balance the objectives of various stakeholder groups to develop a compelling value proposition to our customers and win new business at or above our capital return targets.
Investments: from around $100MM to 1000 MM for each opportunity
Indirect Employees: Bid teams 5-15 per project
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
The senior manager business development will perform a number of key functions including:
- Screen opportunities to identify the projects that have the highest probability of moving forward through economic analysis of the customer's proposed process and end market, economic and political factors, etc.
- Developing the high-level scope to create the optimal value proposition including providing targets for availability, efficiency, and pricing requirements
- Determining the commercial structure for each opportunity
- Meeting potential customers and stakeholders to understand and progress opportunities
- Leading the negotiation of agreements that can include feedstock, offtake, asset purchase, land lease, investment agreement with authorities, etc...
- Providing the commercial guidance to the project execution team until on-stream
This position is accountable for the following end results:
1) Win of large industrial gas opportunities we pursue in the relevant geography.
2) Achieve profitability by winning projects at or above our target returns and within an appropriate risk profile
3) Develop the opportunity pipeline for projects at all stages of development to meet our growth objectives for the next 3-5 years
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ yrs of experience in primarily commercial management within an industrial manufacturing industry
- Ability to understand and influence technical solutions
- Strong business and financial acumen including cash-flow analysis and capital structures
- Creative thinker who can develop strategies and solutions to complex issues
- Energetic and committed
- Experience managing cross functional teams
- Experience negotiating complex contracts
- Education: Engineer and/or Business
Experience with a build, own, operate model of large projects is preferred
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.