Orion Group is hunting for the best Bioprocess Engineer in Northern Illinois! Our largest US client is located in North Chicago, IL and they need you!! Prove you are the best right now. Take a look below and apply if you can handle the challenge!
1 year initial contract
100% Onsite in North Chicago
The incumbent will work under the guidance of R&D and Process Engineering at SABIC (Skincare Aesthetics Bio-process Innovation Center) in North Chicago.
* Thoughtful design and execution of laboratory experimentation for cell culture and bio-process development, optimization and scale-up in a quest to innovate new cell based active materials and processes.
o Discover and develop new bioprocesses.
o Optimize culture media and conditions for cell cultures.
o Utilize appropriate engineering tools and technologies including computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling for process design and scale up.
* Communicate experimental plan, analyse. data and findings with the technical teams.
* Present progress summary to stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to 4 or more years of college education - with preference in scientific disciplines (Chemical engineering, bioengineering, biomedical engineering, chemistry or equivalent)
- Must have strong fundamentals in chemical engineering.
- Desirable to have a PhD (or MS with 6+ years or a BS with 8+ years of experience) in development or scale up of bioprocesses.
- Desirable to have experience of scale-up, manufacturing, validation, CMC of cell culture products.
- Must be self-motivated and show willingness to take on new approaches/technologies and additional responsibilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Must demonstrate excellence in oral and written communications.
- Computer proficiency with common PC software such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, self-starter, motivated.
- Proficient computer skills, statistical and analytical tools.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.