Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Barge Operator, based in Aberdeen.
* Actively support a working environment based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of asset integrity.
* Participate as a member of the Barge Master's team in delivering performance against targets.
* Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
* Loading, storage and discharging of oil cargo.
* Ballasting, trim and stability of the vessel.
* COW, tank cleaning, gas freeing for entry.
* Mooring and unmooring of shuttle tankers as designated by the Barge Master.
* Vessel systems power management.
* Ensure vessel position and heading is maintained and implements changes to vessel heading as required.
* Maintain an effective marine and aviation radio watch.
* Co-ordinate in-field operations involving shuttle tankers, support vessels and helicopters.
* Assist with the inspection and maintenance of life saving appliances and firefighting equipment.
* Execute duties as specified in the station/bill/emergency response procedures or as directed by the OIM.
* Carry out first-line maintenance on marine systems where competent, or assist as appropriate. * Ensure that the CCR is constantly manned.
* Monitor vessel status and reacts to changes in vessel systems, and requests assistance from other departments as required.
* Isolation and preparation of equipment for maintenance.
* Complete verification assurance and routine activities and maintain accurate records.
* Liaise with all departments to minimise disruption to operational activities.
* Maintain accurate records of on-board marine operations, vessel and aircraft movements.
* Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures
* Commit to Competence Assurance System and undertake any training and assessment required for the role.
* Monitoring vessels' alarms, ESD and fire detection systems (K-Safe) and initiating emergency response procedures
Experience & Qualifications:
* STCW II/1 OOW Qualification
* Relevant experience
* Tanker Endorsement (Oil)
* Oil tanker experience
* Dynamic positioning experience preferred
* Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068565.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.