Automation and Control Engineer
- Posted 28 April 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Automation and Control Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Participate in technical audits and reviews, including HAZOP, SIL / LOPA and peer assists.
o Deliver excellent HSE performance throughout the engineering phase of the project life cycles.
o Be able to manage and work in a team environment and handle multiple project responsibilities.
o Create demonstrable value for customers by understanding their drivers and success factors.
o Undertake technical work (designs, specifications and requirements)
o Be accountable for the quality of technical work and for the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
o Carry out appropriate discipline assurance checks and review of engineering and design work.
o Capture and apply internal/external learnings and incorporate improvements.
o Remain engaged in design issues and decisions throughout construction, commissioning and startup.
o Ensure own discipline engineering and design work are successfully delivered and appropriate reviews conducted.
o Ensure quality of technical work and the technical integrity, functionality, constructability, safe operation and reliability of designs.
o Maintain effective interfaces and relationships.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Demonstrable experience in HSSE / Safety by Design.
* Significant experience in the oil and gas production and processing.
* Experience in large brownfield projects, including SIS (ESD &F&G)/ BPCS/ SCADA / PLCS / OT security.
* Successful experience working as part of a team, self-motivated to learn/develop.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to listen effectively.
* Awareness of operations and maintenance practices is preferred due to the high brownfield content of the projects.
* Develop awareness of project management control processes for management of change, cost and schedule estimating and monitoring.
* Already achieved (or working towards) Professional Registration as a Chartered Engineer.
* Ability to mentor and coach other team members. Experience of working as a Technical Authority or capability and desire to act as a Technical Authority.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065735.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.