Orion Group Life Sciences are currently recruiting an Analytical Technical Specialist for an initial 11-month contract for one of our Multinational Pharmaceutical clients based in Cork.
The Process Sciences team require a Technical Specialist with strong analytical and in process analytics experience to provide multidisciplinary expertise and technical support to the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the effective and efficient execution of analytical test methods and for supporting analytical continuous improvement projects. The candidate will also be an active member within the Process Sciences group supporting the efficient & safe operation of the Process Sciences Lab. A high level of innovation, enthusiasm and drive will be required to deliver technical excellence to support high throughput demand on Process Sciences analytical support.
- Good knowledge of protein chemistry and analytical techniques particularly HPLC.
- Perform laboratory experiments required to deliver on project timelines.
- Present technical findings regularly to stakeholders and to wider Technical groups.
- Communicate with people of all levels of a business.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including method optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Support small scale analytical test method optimisation activities.
- Preparation of documentation associated with the projects in accordance with GDP (good documentation practice) and site procedures.
- Participate in cross-functional problem-solving teams for troubleshooting and investigations and Quality functions.
- Support lab compliance with site safety and environmental standards.
- Prepare and review of technical documents, procedures, metrics, etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
· MSc (Science) with at least 1 year experience in an analytical/ small scale process development role in QC or an analytical/process development group.
· BSc. Qualification (Science) with at least 2 years' experience in an analytical/ small scale process development role in QC or an analytical/process development group.
· Experience with ASTRA & EMPOWER software, Agilent/Waters HPLCs required.
· Excellent written and verbal communications with advanced PC skills.
· High level of presentation skills required as the role entails presenting technical presentations to wider Technical groups.
· Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team with good project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to fully realise improvement initiatives.
· Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, problem solving teams etc.
If you are interested in having a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Sarah Walsh on email@example.com for further details.
#Oriongroup #Orionlifesciences #Oriongrouplifescienceseurope #Analyticaltechnicalspecialist #Processsciences #Multinational #Contractopportunity
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.