- Posted 23 June 2022
- SalaryInsurance and Bonus Structure
- Contact NameTravis Weaver
Functional area: Finance / Accounting / Controlling / Risk / Tax
Analyst / Associate, Partnerships & Transactions (M&A)
The Partnerships and Transactions (M&A) team at COMPANY directly supports the company's ambitious growth targets by sourcing and executing M&A asset and portfolio opportunities in utility-scale onshore wind, solar, and storage energy investments in North America and selected countries in LATAM. The team is also responsible for structuring and leading cash equity partnerships and divestments for the company's existing development, in-construction, and operational assets.
The ideal candidate has experience modeling renewable energy project financials, a creative problem-solving mindset, and the ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities all while keeping the "big picture" of RWE's best interests in mind.
This position reports directly to the Head of P&T (M&A) for COMPANY.
- Serve as critical support in the valuation process for acquisition opportunities, including the preparation of financial models and analysis or the auditing and evaluation of third-party models
- Assist in coordinating various workstreams necessary for the successful execution of an acquisition or divestment transaction, including management of due diligence and competitive M&A process logistics. Manage transaction approvals across multiple internal stakeholders
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both external and internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively across RWE business teams related to financial modeling and transaction execution
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external presentation materials to be used for decision making, marketing, reporting, etc.
- Assist other parts of the M&A and finance team on ad hoc projects
- 1-3 years experience overall in a role with emphasis on maintaining financial models and investment presentations (required)
- Knowledge of renewable energy project economics and various valuation approaches relevant for M&A (preferred)
- Familiarity with transaction-based workstreams such as debt or tax equity financing, M&A, etc (preferred);
- Strong financial skills coupled with conceptual, strategic and analytical thinking skills. Ability to apply creative thinking to solve complex, interrelated problems
- Effective communicator with strong written and presentation skills, including the ability to tailor messages for different types of stakeholders
- Team player with the flexibility to work both independently and in cross-functional teams
- Affinity and high motivation to work in an international and changing business environment. Interpersonal skills, acting comfortably in various cultural environments with a sense for diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor's Degree (required) with background in business, finance, accounting, tax or an analytical/quantitative field strongly preferred
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.