- Posted 03 May 2022
- Salary£32000 - £34001 per annum + plus generous staff benefits
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameMichael DaCosta
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Site Supervisor with our client, a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date, the company has constructed over 100 grid-scale solar farms and thirty energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and managed are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change, there has never been a better or more exciting time to join the team as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net-zero.
This is a key role within the well-established EPC department, helping to support the Projects and Delivery team as a site-based supervisor for all construction activities on our current and upcoming portfolio of projects.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation and operation of the Project; this will include all HSE requirements under CDM and Subcontractor communications
In this role the individual will share the relationship and work closely with the Project Manager at a site level and will work in partnership with the wider EPC teams to ensure a high standard delivery is successful, on budget, and within the programme.
The role, which is diverse and varied, is critical to the client's approach as the leader within the industry. You will be a key member of the delivery team, playing a significant role to produce 'best in class' for the business as well as safe and reliable management of customer and merchant assets.
The role will cover a broad range of tasks including.
- Execution of site HSE inductions, toolbox talks, risk assessments and method statements.
- Responsible for on-site HSE Conditions throughout the project
- HSE compliance monitoring and Site HSE training.
- Monitoring subcontractor performance in line with project programmes.
- Site HSE, performance reports and incident investigation.
- Welfare set up and maintenance.
- Contractor and supplier coordination and supervision.
- Reporting/flagging HSE issues to the HSE team, OPS Manager and Project Manager.
- Stakeholder management support from a site level.
- Quality assurance in accordance with Major Projects procedures and expectations
- Understanding site drawings, SLDs, datasheets, programmes, and workflows
- Working on sites across the UK and Europe.
- Conduct physical work tasks when required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Full 3-day First Aid training
- Good knowledge of ground-mounted PV and ESS building methods and regulations.
- Full clean, Driving licence (Age 21+ years for vehicle insurance purposes)
- Proven supervisory experience with a multi-skilled team.
- Previous experience working within the renewable energy sector.
- Risk assessment and Method statement training
- CSCS Cardholder
This role will be predominantly site based and there are multiple openings across the UK, so if you have the skills, attitude and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.