- Posted 24 June 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Well Engineering Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Support Engineering Team Lead - Well P&A to achieve Well Ops and Decommissioning LRP, strategies and goals
* Lead the Engineering team to deliver Basis of Design, Programs, Risk Assessments, Management of Change assessments as required to satisfy the internal and external processes and ensure seamless execution of projects.
* Deliver superior operational performance
* Ensure engineering and execution is aligned with UK regulations, industry best practice and company standards
* Provide input to the P&A schedule making best use of resources onshore and offshore such that the schedule fits with the overall UK Decommissioning strategy
* Provide cost reporting and estimation relating to well operations scope for inclusion into the greater UK Decommissioning strategy. Review cost estimates for budgets and AFEs
* Responsible for monitoring the development and use of technology in UK well P&A to deliver significant cost and efficiency improvements over the project
* Manage personnel resources to meet the agreed well P&A schedule
* Jointly manage communication with JV partners with the Engineering Supervisor - UK Well Decommissioning to ensure technical support and financial approval to execute projects.
* Accountable for development and update of the UK Well Abandonment Philosophy document - overall basis of design for Well P&A.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant Honours Engineering Degree
* Depth of technical experience in well engineering design and operations
* Breadth of technical experience across range of well disciplines - drilling, completions, interventions, integrity, production etc
* Knowledge of company local and global standards & processes
* Knowledge of industry standards
* Adaptability to respond resourcefully, flexibly & positively when faced with new challenges & demands
* Collaborates effectively across the organisation to achieve business goals
* Demonstrates continuous improvement, implementing new ways of doing business better
* Motivates and Inspires personnel to achieve their best and to pursue goals to enable successful planning and execution.
* Results Orientation, actively communicates and takes time to safely perform work
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054890.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.