Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer
- Posted 12 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Control and Instrumentation Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure Technical competence of Control & Instrumentation Maintenance delivery personnel, interviewing and testing competency.
* Ensure that discipline specific engineering work (OPEX) remains within budget.
* Ensure delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work (OPEX) service.
* Provide optimised preventative maintenance programmes for Control & Instrumentation equipment and implementing industry best practice.
* Engage and participate in any operational improvement process to optimise discipline specific engineering (OPEX) support.
* Provide discipline input to the 28- and 90-day asset planning process.
* Provide discipline guidance and engineering endorsement to proposed changes to PMRs within the SAP CMMS.
* Represent the company as technical representative for asset support contracts.
* Act as liaison with other disciplines, vendor representatives, and manufacturers.
* Ensure vendors are mobilised on time to meet the asset planning schedule and that vendors mobilise fully prepared to execute scopes of work on time and within agreed budget.
* Assist with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and root cause analysis.
* Complete assigned actions e.g., ICP, MyHSES etc. by their set due date.
* Provide engineering advice and endorsement of engineering change (MOC), maintenance deferrals, ORA's, etc as per the authorisation levels dictated by the company's engineering standards.
* Responsible for equipment performance including spare part management and warranty follow-up.
* Ensure performance standards are accurate and adhered to via the Inspection, Test and Maintenance programme.
* Actively engage with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioural safety and intervention schemes, work to enhance communication and promote understanding of goals.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Readily accepts personal accountability for assigned activities and tasks and always demonstrates behaviours in line with company's values.
* Significant experience in client/operator relationships and in the management of contractors.
* Ability to resolve complex problems and drives innovative solutions and pace.
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application.
* Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across core crew and subcontractors.
* It is an expectation of the business that the job holder maintains and continues to develop the competencies necessary to carry out the role to the required standard whilst in position.
* Brings groups of diverse individuals together.
* Challenges, supports and inspires others to achieve their full potential and continuously develops by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders.
* Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy. Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk.
* HNC / HND - With extensive Control & Instrumentation Engineering experience
* Professional accredited Engineer
* The job holder must possess extensive knowledge of Engineering technical practices and legislation.
* Considerable relevant experience of the oil and gas industry predominately gained in an engineering and production operations environment.
* Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations, in particular Control & Instrumentation Regulations.
* Familiarity with quality process and application of continuous improvement tools is desirable
* Knowledge of all forms of engineering documentation.
* SAP Experience, particularly SAP PM, although other CMMS will be considered.
* BOSIET - Preferable but not essential
* All company's mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055892.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.