- Posted 26 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Contracts Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Plan the Subsea contracting workload through liaison with Subsea team and project management to develop a plan of action or strategy for each work package that delivers value for money and mitigates business risk.
* For each requirement, determine an n approach through competitive tender and / or negotiation that protects company's and the projects business interests and meets good industry practice.
* Responsible for entire procurement cycle from initiation to close out of commercial documentation to manage the bid / tender process and contract management delivery phase, typically including:
* Pre Contract: Information gathering / market intelligence, Contract Strategy, Pre-Qual questionnaire and evaluation model, Bid list and Tender Evaluation Model, ITT and Bid Opening, Post Tender Clarification communication, Recommendation to Award report / approval, Letter of Intent/ Award and Contract Document for signature
* Post Award Contract Management including preparation and issue of the following for Tender Board / Approval, such as Change Orders, Variation Orders, Amendments, Performance monitoring and potential claims management.
* Maintain Contract Register and for current contracts and planned contracts to provide reliable status reports. Provide input into company's Project Management and Supply Chain process, Risk Register, company Health, Safety & Environment Management System and other related management tools as appropriate.
* Input into and development of company's standard procurement documentation to maintain templates that mitigate risk and maximise value to company.
* Seek to develop a healthy and competitive supply chain by fostering good working relationship with key stakeholders. Provide market intelligence on supply chain options and business solutions to company management that deliver Value for Money and enable company to becoming an "Intelligent Client".
* Liaise with company Supply Chain, Project Depts, Legal, HSE and Finance to support the implementation of the company's supply chain policy by working collaboratively both with internal and external stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous experience as a Contracts Advisor on large capital projects, managing multiple large contracts, preferably having worked for Operators and/or Major Contractors
* Experience in subsea/marine construction, subsea equipment and similar packages across the Engineering/Procurement/Construction (EPC) workscopes and effectively applying strategies to drive project results.
* Highly experienced and knowledgeable with formal SCM systems including principles and associated processes, practices, or tools including contract drafting & formulation, legal requirements, Terms & Conditions and risk assessment.
* Experienced & effective in interfacing with stakeholders such as base business operations, compliance, legal, Finance, as well as the Procurement, Materials, QA/QC and Logistics elements of the overarching supply chain management, as well as external stakeholders
* Working knowledge of Category Management process (Planning, Sourcing & Negotiation and Supplier Management).
* Proven business and commercial acumen, including negotiation skills.
* Proficient in SAP, eProcurement systems and Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to effectively communicate within a multi-functional project team and with various Technical backgrounds
* Ensures that business risk, including HSSEQ risks are systematically identified, assessed and controlled.
* Supports a positive health, safety, security, environmental and quality culture and approach.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/058476.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.