- Posted 17 June 2022
- Salary Up to £50000 per annum
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameRob Wilson
Orion Group are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer on a permanent basis for one of our industry leading clients.
UK - Occasional office visits to Manchester and occasional UK / International site visits
- Fully understand the issues surrounding the application of variable speed drives and motors
- Strong attention to detail and be experienced and comfortable with document control discipline and procedures
- Produce drawings and specifications for third party items such as switchgear, control panels and electrical installation
- Confirm specifications for Variable Speed Drives, Motors and transformers
- Attend technical liaison meetings with clients and subcontractors both at home and overseas
- Installation experience (e.g. HV switchgear, cooling systems, lubrication systems, etc.)
- An appreciation of industrial processes and equipment across key industry sectors
- Understand systems peripheral to typical Large Drive System applications
- Support commissioning activity
- Ideally have experience in AutoCAD, the Microsoft office suite and other electrical engineering tools
Desirable to BEng standard in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum standard of HNC / HND or equivalent
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.