- Posted 26 October 2022
- Salary £70000 - £80000 per annum
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameRob Wilson
Orion Group are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer on a permanent basis for an award-winning energy technology company.
Location: Manchester - with occasional visits to the London office as required
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
The role is responsible for delivering mechanical and electrical packages on the project, reporting to the project manager, and working as part of a geographically spread and diverse team. This role will also interact with multiple contractors, requiring a great degree of self and time management.
* Manage key interfaces between various project parties and ensure effective and consistent communication take place between suppliers and that required input is provided in a timely manner
* Participate in (and provide assurance) safety audits, design reviews, subcontractor's performance assessment, site readiness reviews, safety risk assessments etc.
* Manage any change of scope, address design, contractor scope, cost and schedule issues early and in a fully documented way
* Identify and manage related risks to the scope of work.
* Maintain an open dialogue with the Operations team.
Key skills and Qualifications:
* Educated to Degree standard or has equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience working on heavy industrial projects
* Proven track record of delivering on projects from inception to financial close and completion / operational stage
* Presentation skills, ability to create and deliver high quality proposals and speak with credibility to project team, Senior management and contractors on technical subjects
* Excellent IT skills, preferably in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Project controls package experience desirable (P6, MS Project, cost control)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.