* The product manager is to manage all aspects of the operation within the facility, including but not limited to , managing daily operations through the supervisors by ensuring that all procedures, work instructions and tasks are performed as required, scheduling of production, coordination with maintenance on daily work and major issues, working closely with other departments to ensure all supplies are available, ensuring compliance with all plant rules and other regulations including all safety policies, and participating on major capital project installations.
* The production manager leads the production department by giving direction, monitoring performance, and visibly supporting culture change and continuous improvement.
* The Production Manager will manage/supervise 2 Chief Operators, DYMALINK Process Engineer, and a Maintenance Coordinator.
* The Production Manager will act as Plant Manager when the DYMALINK Plant Manager is not available.
* Ensures that the conduct of Operations activities are in accordance with established methods and procedures that meet the pertinent requirements of the site.
* Ensures that all operations activities are performed in accordance with Total's Safety & Environmental policies and procedures.
* Ensure all safety, environmental, quality procedures are followed.
* Ensure use of PPE, work permits, etc.
* Ensure safety meetings are conducted and respond to issues raised.
* Ensure PGl's & housekeeping inspections are performed as required by production team. Stop work in progress when safety, environmental or other conditions exist that jeopardize personnel, equipment, or job quality. Proposes minor, major projects to achieve goals and adjusts CAPEX accordingly Maintains a motivated and trained work force that can meet the company's and site's commitments Completes production and packaging planning to meet business needs
* Troubleshoots manufacturing issues and follows up on solutions
* Interacts with Plant Coordinator to ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are supplied as needed. Creates, develops, and reviews operations procedures
* Develops, reviews subordinates' objectives, monitors progress and performs annual reviews Participates in HAZOPS and PSSR's for new equipment and process areas
* Prepares operation reports as requested by Plant Manager
* Provides Plant Manager with status and effectiveness of operations, communicating any safety, environmental, production, quality issues promptly.
Context and Environment:
* Position functions are conducted in the manufacturing environment with chemical, physical and electrical hazards
* Work will require the use of protective clothing and equipment
* Work will be performed around hazardous substances
* Scheduled hours may vary in shifts and length
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* M.S./B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry (will consider other technical degreed disciplines).
* 5+ years of relevant experience in Chemical manufacturing field; 3+ years of supervisory experience preferred
* Working knowledge of industrial chemical processes, MSOffice.
* SAP experience preferred
* Knowledge of OSHA/Responsible Care Process Safety Management
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.