- Posted 29 July 2022
- Salary Bonus
- Contact NameStevie Denoon
As an Offshore Transport & Installation Manager your primary responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for ensuring all offshore wind farm development and construction logistics are planned and executed correctly in conjunction with a team of industry leading experts for foundation installation, cable installation, wind turbine installation and other areas of offshore wind farm construction activities.
- Early-stage relationship building with local solution providers, ports and harbours.
- Responsible for time scheduling, budget control and interdisciplinary coordination of offshore construction activities.
- Develop and report offshore construction CAPEX to the Value Optimization Team for the creation of project databooks.
- Support budgetary proposals with domestic and international offshore construction companies.
- Lead the preparation of contracts and vessel charters with offshore wind construction companies alongside Procurement.
- Lead the technical and commercial assessment of different installation methodologies.
- Interface management to foundation, electrical/cable and turbine packages.
- Interface management to partner companies participating in projects together with company.
- Responsible for implementation of the developed construction concepts together with chosen supplier.
- Interface Management to authorities and governmental bodies.
- Support stakeholder management of development pipeline projects.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Marine Construction or closely related areas.
- Minimum five years of experience in development and/or construction projects in offshore wind in the related markets with knowledge about local standards and requirements.
- Strong intercultural communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record in offshore wind project management.
- Strong team player, self-starting and highly motivated.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to travel frequently across the US.
- Ability to work offshore and at heights.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.