- Posted 06 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Orion Group are sourcing a Logistics Specialist on behalf of our client, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services, on a permanent basis in Aberdeen.
This Logistics Specialist will work within OR Supply Chain Management department supporting ongoing requirements for Vessels & Projects globally.
- Develop Logistics models in support of Global activities/requirements/customs legislation.
- Be responsible for accuracy and timeliness of declarations for items such as dangerous or licensable goods.
- Be the contact point for various Freight & Logistics 3rd parties.
- Accurately maintain records and keep files for any goods that are bonded/require customs clearance.
- As required, issuance of documents and procedures to support tender deliverable related to OR SCM Logistics/Freight activities.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders in relation to the Freight & Logistics activities.
- Support shipment of material and equipment from global locations to nominated vessels/worksites.
- Manage each shipping file including issuance of work orders, commercial invoices, verification of shipping documents and supplier invoices.
- Ensure all services are performed by nominated subcontractors as per the work orders.
- Ensure all tools and systems are updated with shipping status and relevant documentation.
- Support wider OR SCM with shipping and transportation planning, solutions and cost analysis.
- Effective communication with stakeholders.
- Ensure regular communication with Logistics personnel in the region where project is executed.
- Compliance with customs and local laws at origin and destination locations.
- Promote HSE within OR SCM and ensure all Logistics activities are properly assessed and performed in safe manner.
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with our clients' values.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar position.
- Relevant experience of Logistics on global projects.
- Experience working with challenging and changing deadlines.
- Good time management skills and ability to multi task.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Microsoft Office.
- SAP/SAP Ariba.
- Good knowledge of INCOTERMS.
- First hand knowledge of International Freight regulations, Ship Spares in Transit.
- International experience.
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Cameron Lisle on 07701381227 or email email@example.com
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.