- Posted 18 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Legal Counsel, based in Aberdeen.
* Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of contracts and commercial agreements relating to the Company's operations.
* Provide legal advice on corporate matters and oil and gas agreements including licensing; joint operations; oil sales; farm out; proximity and crossing, asset purchases and sales and decommissioning security agreements.
* Support the General Manager Legal & Business Affairs and operational Directors in relation to development or growth projects.
* Provide legal advice on compliance and petroleum licensing matters.
* Support the business by providing legal counsel to Directors and teams, with particular focus on Commercial; Asset Development and Management; Growth and Supply Chain
* Interface with external legal counsel as required.
* Maintain professional qualifications and knowledge through networking and study of legal developments and changes.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified as a solicitor in Scotland or England and Wales.
* Proven competency in corporate, commercial or oil and gas law or equivalent.
* Legal experience with a leading law firm or in an oil and gas operator environment
* Pragmatic and commercially astute.
* A self-starter that can work independently with supervision while demonstrating initiative and a strong sense of accountability.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact at different levels across the organisation.
* Experience of managing a high volume, multi-project workload with competing priorities and deadlines.
* Outstanding communication skills to effectively advise internal clients on complex legal concepts.
* The following list is not exhaustive but includes the areas of law and types of agreements the Company would prefer experience in:
* Corporate and commercial and/or company secretarial matters
* Oil and gas agreements such as Joint Operating Agreements, Decommissioning Security Agreements, Product Sales Agreements, Construction Tie-in Agreements, Transportation & Processing Agreements, Proximity and Crossing Agreements, Farm-out Agreements &
* UKCS licence transfers
* Supply Chain Agreements.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062863.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.