- Posted 17 June 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Lead and manage Process Engineering Operations Support Team, providing frontline process engineering support and assurance to company's operated assets
* Provide Process plant monitoring / optimisation and identify and deliver small scale engineering workscopes providing process safety, environmental, reliability and production enhancements.
* Work closely with the Process Engineering Technical Authority to support and drive functional excellence and continuous improvement and acts as TA delegate as and when required.
* Develop review and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to satisfy the process engineering requirements of the assets.
* Demonstrate appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these appropriately within own work and highlighting significant issues to relevant line manager.
* Ensure Health Safety Environmental and Quality Procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work.
* Responsible for continuously challenging technical solutions, engineering performance and cost of modification projects.
* Deliver Technical Queries for new Modification projects.
* Project "champion" in Modification projects FEL 1 and 2 phases, and support FEL 3 and execution.
* Follow up of Research and Development projects and seek improvement opportunities.
* Demonstrate, provide, and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific process issues.
* Contract manager for strategic contracts driving quality, safety, innovation and efficiency.
* Provide technical support to Operations teams when requested.
* Influences and collaborates with asset leadership teams and all other relevant stakeholders.
* Support internal development and continuous improvement activities as required.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to engineering degree level or satisfactory equivalent e.g. HND/HNC plus preferable qualifications/experience and/or vocational certificates
* Chartered Engineer Status and Corporate Member of a professional body preferred.
* Significant operational and engineering experience
* Previous relevant technical experience
* Offshore experience
* Understanding of processes required to meet HSE objectives. Fully conversant with UK regulatory environment
* Understanding of company's Corporate and Local budget, maintenance and project management processes and tools
* Self-driven. Strong personal leadership and drive toward teamwork. Ability to perform effectively within a strong peer group and to drive toward optimal business solutions
* Good communicating, influencing, negotiating and networking skills. Builds excellent relationships. Respected internally and externally
* Able to drive continuous improvement and to instigate and make change happen
* Set ambitious, yet realistic goals and targets, and consistently achieve these.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054731.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.