- Posted 27 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contracts Specialist Drilling & Wells, based in Aberdeen.
* Champion HSE in all procurement activities
* Responsible for implementation of the Company's procurement and contracting standards, work processes and best practices in UK within the Drilling and Wells activities.
* Plan, conduct and conclude complex contract negotiations
* Prioritise tender schedules and manage workload to meet business requirements
* Leads/Supports the tendering and evaluation process and makes recommendations to management
* Prepare detailed Recommendation to Award papers and presentations where required
* Draft agreements using standard templates
* Contract management from kick off to close out
* Provide contractual advice, support and interpretation to the Drilling teams
* Lead/Support negotiations where appropriate
* Develop and implement supplier relationship performance and contract management plans
* Work closely with stakeholders in order to understand their needs and requirements through good communication and collaboration
* Build and maintain network and relationships with business and regulatory partners relevant to our operated activities in the UK to secure necessary resources to achieve objectives
* Monitor the external environment in order to identify and take advantage of immediate business opportunities to improve results within defined area of responsibility
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant university degree qualification
* Professionally qualified i.e., CIPS
* Relevant experience from a relevant field/ discipline in and knowledge of Drilling contracts and the supply chain.
* In-depth knowledge and experience of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in the UKCS arena
* Demonstrable experience of tendering, awarding and managing high risk, high value contracts and procurement across a range of requirements
* Experienced in developing contract strategies, which have delivered overall value to the business
* Sound understanding of stakeholders and their interests.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063091.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.