- Posted 24 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameRen White
As a Chemical Technician, you will be responsible for:
* Working safely and adhering to all Client and Customer Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines to ensure compliance
* Performing necessary field testing and injection system monitoring to ensure optimization of treatment programs
* Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of chemical pumps and injection systems
* Building relationships with internal cross-functional teams and customers to ensure a flawless delivery and execution of projects
* Transporting chemical in accordance with DOT requirements and regulations for error free on time deliveries to our clients.
To be successful in this role you will:
* Have a High School Diploma or equivalent educational level
* Demonstrate knowledge of refinery or industrial operations, finished fuel additives.
* Show a good understanding of industrial safety protocols
* Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and excellent troubleshooting skills
* Have experience performing field testing to optimize treat rates preferred
* Be able to work at elevated heights and climb ladders along with being able to lift 50 pounds
* Have some experience in Safe Chemical Handling Practices
* Have basic math skills to perform calculations required for ratable injections as well as calculating pump rates.
* A class C minimum CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements is desired.
* Have forklift experience and be able to obtain a forklift certification.
* Must have a TWIC Card and valid driver's license.
* You must be willing to travel.
* Experience working with chemicals, some hazardous, that come packaged in cans, pails, drums, totes, tank trucks, and ISO tanks.
* Experience working with portable generators and air compressors as well as electric and pneumatic pumps.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.