95167 - Field Piping Engineer
Our client is a global facilities and infrastructure provider within the Oil & Gas industry. Employing over 11,000 personnel they have a diverse customer base comprising national, international and integrated oil companies.
They are currently recruiting for a Field Piping Engineer based in Aberdeen
- Perform constructability reviews on the project.
- Utilize project automation tools.
- Prepare field designs in accordance with project agreements.
- Implement project construction quality control requirements including in-process surveillance, and inspection and testing of completed installations to ensure that project quality requirements are being met.
- Drawing and specification control and interpretation.
- Providing guidance and direction to the document control/management group.
- Review of piping pressure test packages.
- Develop punch lists of incomplete work.
- Prepare OS&D reports to document nonconforming item conditions as required.
- Provide technical direction to construction supervision and craft.
- Provide responses to technical queries.
- Initiate Field Change Requests (FCRs) and Field Change Notices (FCNs) as required.
- Coordinating vendor representatives.
- Implement design document distribution for the project.
- Prepare field design changes for the project.
- Control calibrated measuring and test equipment used on the project.
- Assist with the preventative maintenance program for permanent plant project equipment prior to installation and until handover.
- Prepare material summary reports.
- Quantity take-off, control, reporting and forecasting.
- Provide input to the project critical items list as required.
- Prepare field material requisitions and tracking receipt of materials as required.
- Perform subcontracts coordination including administration of project back-charges.
- Review work packages and system / area turnovers including review of applicable turnover and as-built documents and inspection records required by the contract.
- Coaching, mentoring and development of others within the field engineering team.
Skills and Experience
- The Field Piping Engineer must have a moderate amount of directly related experience in the design and construction of petrochemical facilities, plus experience as a field engineer.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 95167 .
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.