- Posted 16 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Metering Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and environmentally prudent manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation, company's HSEQ procedures, Asset specific Performance Standards and Engineering Standards.
* Responsible for defining equipment/system performance standards and specifications of new equipment
* Responsible for monitoring equipment/system performance initiating and ensuring corrective actions.
* Responsible for discipline engineering and maintenance support to UK operations
* Ensure measurement uncertainties remain within relevant commercial agreement limits
* Ensure all fiscal regulatory requirements / industry and company's standards are met
* Ensure that measurement systems comply with OPRED permits
* Coordination of measurement technical reviews and HAZOP's.
* Assist with any investigations on measurement systems
* Raise and manage MOC's on measurement systems
* Provide support and guidance to onshore Metering Engineers and offshore Metering technicians
* Assist with managing the metering budget
* Develop and manage key performance indicators
* Monitor preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure scheduled work orders are being completed in a timely manner
* Ensure that mismeasurements are identified and completed in a timely manner
* Ensure bases of design for replacement and new metering systems are engineered to the correct standards
* Ensure all deliverables from projects including Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) and equipment calibrations are correct and witnessed as required
* Manage annual metering and allocation audits by 3rd parties
* Liaise with regulators and partners on any metering issues that arise
* Provide day to day support for asset metering engineering activities
* Provide technical guidance to new development project design
* Contract management for contracts related to area of responsibility.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to engineering degree level or satisfactory equivalent e.g. HND/HNC plus preferable qualifications/experience and/or vocational certificates
* Extensive knowledge of liquid and gas metering including in-depth understanding of current industry standards and practices
* Proven record of maintenance and commissioning of all types of measurement principles
* Good communication skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with personnel at all levels
* Experience in problem solving and fault finding
* Experience in installation and working with various metering software packages
* Track record of continuous professional development
* Proven Leadership and mentoring skills
* Can see emerging trends and can foresee maintenance risks and opportunities
* Providing written reports to acceptable technical standard
* Flexible to travel offshore as / when required
* Awareness of company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of company's Values & Business Principles
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062258.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.