- Posted 14 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Senior Legal Counsel
Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for contract review services in Tenders (Bid-It/Commercial) and legal review and advice for Projects (Do-It/Operations). Main accountabilities include but are not limited to:
General: The tasks will be performed in close cooperation with Tendering and Finance departments. The role for each specific tender, customer or business area may vary depending on the scope, duration and complexity of each tender.
- Perform detailed legal review in connection with Invitation to Tenders and prepare qualifications as required in order to properly manage risks and comply with the Bid Procedure and/or contracting principles and guidelines.
- Liaise and obtain advice or quality check by Global Business Unit and/or functional expertise, e.g. corporate, compliance, litigation, tax, finance etc.
- Assist in negotiations with clients, joint venture partners and subcontractors.
- Provide input on contractual and commercial risk identified, to ensure this is taken into account in Tender evaluation.
- Following award of a contract, prepare a summary of the main contractual principles set out in the contract.
- Provide guidance on required "flowdowns" to Subcontractors
- Participate in final review of all contractual and commercial documents prior to contract signature.
- Assist hand-over to Project team for execution.
General: Project tasks will be performed as assistance to the dedicated contracts resource and the project team. Tasks may vary depending on the scope and complexity of each project.
- Provide legal or contract advice in connection with project execution issues.
- Assist in any form of disputes or claims, including insurance and warranty.
- Juris Doctorate
- Experience with contracts in oil and gas industry
- Fluent in both written and oral English language
- General familiarity with standard legal concepts and procedures;
- Thorough understanding of contractual principles (including but not limited to indemnity obligations, warranty, general insurance knowledge, offers & consideration, force majeure, default, limitations on liability, accord and satisfaction);
- Strong presentation and negotiation ability;
- Demonstrates exceptional planning, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to troubleshoot, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.