- Posted 24 August 2022
- Salary neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Data Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
*Coordinate and deliver data requests to prepare, load, search, transfer and QC data for the assets or external parties and ensure either internally or via 3rd party services the requirements of the end user are met.
* Support daily management of Geoscience data systems, and the users of Geoscience software and data in the business, and proactively monitor systems to ensure high level of service is delivered.
* Provide data expertise to the digital projects to ensure quality subsurface data can efficiently be consumed by any required use case.
*Provide support or liaise with IS/HQ/support teams for geosciences tools: SISMAGE CIG team, SISMAGE support, Petrel Support, Linux support or We Care Services
*Drive and manage project activities related to geoscience data, supporting the overall data strategy and a move towards cloud storage and adoption of data platforms such as CDP and OSDU.
*Coordinate, advise and ensure consensus on the technical data activities related to deployment of new tools and data migration projects to meet stakeholder requirements and company standards.
*Identify and work on innovative use cases/projects to improve data management or data quality including AI use
O Build scripts and queries to ease/improve data management systems (Python, R, SQL or DAX)
o Identify opportunities for machine learning and how it can be used in our current workflows
o Work to align current systems towards future digital platform architecture
*Drive the capture of knowledge and documentation relating to data management workflows and processes. Provide data models for E&P data types, databases and projects used by the assets, to support the long-term maintenance of data systems.
* Coordinate and deliver data rooms or data packages for sharing externally using the affiliate's infrastructure or cloud environment.
*Implement procedures to ensure that the data management activities are compliant with E&P Referential: company policies, procedures, standards and rules (naming conventions, organisation, workflows and confidentiality) to ensure data flow quality and adherence to deadlines.
*Provide regular communication to the end users and the asset GSR managers and provide knowledge sessions / training on new tools and processes applicable to the geoscience data domain.
Experience & Qualifications:
* At least a BSc degree in Geosciences (Reservoir, geologist), Data management or Computer Science disciplines with significant professional experience in an oil Exploration & Production environment
* Significant knowledge of geoscience data (3G&R) and Information Systems (Windows, Linux, SISMAGE, PETREL, ARCGIS, DBMS, ETL, Python, PBI)
* Proven experience of delivering data management support to geoscience user communities, including the loading, QC, and maintenance of data according to agreed processes.
* Proven experience of project management methodologies (including Agile) and able to manage and monitor project scope delivery.
* Proven experience of working within a Power BI based reporting environment including office 365 tools (LIFT).
* Proven experience writing robust, reusable code to create production-strength data pipelines
* Significant knowledge of ETL tools (SafeFME) and scripting in Python, SQL.
* Experience of cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (Microsoft Azure components) specifically Azure Data Factory
* Organised, methodical and able to multi-task whilst working under tight deadlines
* Behavioral skills: self-motivated, delivery focused with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Flexible or adaptable to change.
* Excellent interpersonal skills required with the ability to build good stakeholder relationships.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/057141.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.